Super-POWER (Overcoming Bullying)
The Super-POWER Show is a 60-minute performance for elementary school-aged children designed specifically to address the topic of bullying.
This show takes the children on a journey towards self-confidence and self-expression through Ooch's personal stories of being bullied. The show's focus is on the great power each student can develop by using his or her own unique qualities and talents, i.e., "Superpowers", as Ooch calls them. These newfound "powers" are then applied to common bullying scenarios. Ooch draws parallels to the attributes of superheroes, and leaves his audience feeling "super". Just as Superman is bullet-proof, Ooch's audience learns to become "WORD-proof".
The Super-POWER Show focuses on:
- The definition of bullying
- How to realize when we are being a bully
- Why we get bullied
- What to do during and after we've been bullied
- What to do to stop bullying
- The power of the bystander
- The importance of reporting the incident directly after it happens
Recommended ages for this show: 1st - 6th grades